Candle – Taper – Dinner – 9hr Single Candles
Made in Australia.
Unscented Non Toxic Single Taper Dinner Candles.
Size: 24cm x 2cm
Burn time: 9 hours each
All dinner candles are unscented.
- Light Blue
- Light Green
- Hot Pink
- Soft Pink
- Light Purple
NB: We would be happy to choose colour/s for you from available stock.
What is so good about Awakening Lotus Candles?
Our candles are:
- Slow or Long Burning which means they will last longer and therefore great value.
- Australian Made for the User in mind not the market.
- Hand crafted the traditional way and made with old fashioned love using the best natural products.
- Non-Toxic and proven so through extensive laboratory testing thus they are safer.
- Made from the highest quality, refined, food grade paraffin wax; containing no ashes or resins. This wax is so safe that it is used extensively in the food industry for greaseproof paper, paper plates, milk shake containers, cheese wrapping and even organic bananas. It is also a medical grade product used in the treatment of Arthritis.
- Made from vegetable dyes, the same used in batik art.
- Made from unbleached Australian cotton wicks which mean they are as natural as possible so better for the environment and You.
- Made with a higher melting point (62º Centigrade) thus no acids are required to harden the candles or wicks thus a better quality product, safer for the environment and You.
- Smokeless and safe to burn in confined spaces making them ideal for travellers, city dwellers, caravans, tents, tepees.
- Animal Free product.
- The best candles to burn for Meditation, Ceremonies, Rituals, Spells or Colour Therapy.
Differences between Awakening Lotus Candles and Commercial Candles?
Most commercially made candles in the marketplace today are made using semi refined paraffin. Semi refined paraffin is the cheapest wax available, it has a low melt point so acids and hardeners are added to bring the melt point up. In large candle producing countries like China and Thailand, candle moulding machines are used. These machines can product 1000s of candles per hour so the carbon footprint is huge. The wicks are stiffened with zinc and in some cases lead so they are not good for the environment or You.
Awakening Lotus Candles Vs Soy, Palm or Bees Wax Candles?
Most people aren’t informed of the processes required in producing alternative fuels, oil refineries and the impact on global warming, Soy Bean wax is made using Hydrogen (created out of fossil fuels like coal) and is a highly processed product. Palm wax and oil products are the main culprits in the devastation of rainforests and the elimination of the Orangutan habitat. Refined paraffin is a product which is available and used in many, many applications, it is a by product with an existing carbon footprint, were as soy wax and palm wax aren’t used outside the candle and cosmetic industry, are creating new carbon footprints and are even more highly processed products then our food grade wax. Waxes like soy bean, palm and beeswax are soft waxes and are not suitable for tapered candles; they are best used as container candles. Beeswax is a beautiful wax, however, it is a soft and has a sluggish burn. Most commercially produced beeswax candles are a blend of 70% semi refined paraffin 30% beeswax. To create a smokeless beeswax candle, again high amounts of processing is required just to give you a smokeless candle. Is it worth the extra energy required to produce a beeswax candle that won’t smoke?